OvaMed™ is indicated for the suppression of estrus in mares. Suppression of estrus allows for a predictable occurrence of estrus following drug withdrawal.
- Attainment of regular cyclicity during the transition from winter anestrus to the physiological breeding season
- Management of prolonged estrus conditions
- Scheduled breeding during the physiological breeding season
Do not use in horses intended for human consumption.
Additional Safety Information
- OvaMed™ is readily absorbed by the skin. Skin contact must be avoided; protective gloves must be worn when handling this product.
- Pregnant women or women who suspect they are pregnant should not handle OvaMed™.
- Contraindicated for use in mares having a previous or current history of uterine inflammation (i.e., acute, subacute, or chronic endometritis). Natural or synthetic gestagen therapy may exacerbate existing low-grade or 'smoldering' uterine inflammation into a fulminating uterine infection in some instances.
- Various synthetic progestins, including altrenogest, when administered to rats during the embryogenic stage of pregnancy at doses many fold greater than the recommended equine dose caused fetal anomalies, specifically masculinization of the female genitalia.
- For complete safety information please read label.