What is AeroKat Feline Aerosol Chamber for Cats?
The AeroKat Feline Aerosol Chamber (FAC) is designed to be used with a Metered Dose Inhaler (puffer) as prescribed by a veterinarian to deliver aerosol medication to cats with feline asthma, chronic bronchitis or allergic rhinitis. When the AeroKat FAC is attached to the puffer it allows your cat to breathe normally and inhale the aerosol medication which goes deep into your cat's lungs, where it is needed.
The Flow-Vu Indicator takes the guesswork out of using your cat's aerosol medication. The Flow-Vu Indicator will help you count the number of breaths your cat has taken through the chamber and may help to ensure there is a satisfactory seal between the muzzle and the mask to optimize the delivery of the medication. As your cat inhales, the bright green Flow-Vu Indicator will flutter or move towards the cat (if you have a good facemask seal). When your cat stops inhaling or exhales, the indicator will return to the vertical position.The ideal time to activate the puffer is when your pet starts to inhale and the Flow-Vu Indicator is moving horizontally towards them.
- Aerosol chamber for inhaling medications
- Can be used for asthma, chronic bronchitis or allergic rhinitis
- Two facemask sizes
- FlowVu indicator to show exactly how much medication your pet is getting
- Fewer side effects than injectable medications
- Easy to use
- Remove cap and shake the inhaler immediately before use as per the instructions supplied with it.
- Insert the inhaler into the backpiece of the chamber and gently apply the mask to your animal’s nostrils while gently holding the muzzle closed.
- Press the inhaler to release the medication. Hold the mask in place for 5-6 breaths as the cat or dog inhales the medicine.
- The AeroKat with Flow-Vu should be cleaned before first use and then weekly.
- Remove the Backpiece, mask adapter and mask only. Do not attempt to remove any other parts.
- Soak all parts for 15 minutes in a mild solution of liquid dish detergent and lukewarm clean water. Agitate gently.
- Rinse parts in clean water.
- Shake out excess water from the parts and allow to air dry in a vertical position.
- Ensure parts are dry before reassembly.
- Replace Backpiece, mask adapter and mask when unit is completely dry and ready for use.
Giving your cat their inhaler medication is not always easy. Here are some tips and tricks from some other AeroKat Chamber users.
- Reward your cat with treats before and / or after treatment
- Swaddle your cat in towel or blanket
- Slowly introduce the AeroKat* Chamber. Start with the mask only, getting your cat used to the feel of it.
- Use the Flow-Vu* Indicator to help ensure your cat has inhaled their medication
- Reference the numerous videos on YouTube
- Be patient - don't give up!
Use only under the direction of a veterinarian. Read all the instructions before use. Do not leave unattended with children or pets. Do not disassemble the product beyond what is recommended in the cleaning instructions or damage may result. It should not be cleaned in the dishwasher.